Sarah Houghton-Jan posted "ten reasons that librarian should use Ask.com instead of google"
1. Ask.com's Smart Answers rock my world.
2. Ask.com clearly identifies their advertising.
3. Ask.com's Image Search is far superior to Google's in terms of relevancy
4. For all types of searches, Ask.com offers one-click links to narrow your search, expand your search, and provides links to results for related terms.
5. Ask.com provides a binoculars icon with each search result
6. Ask.com offers instant white pages searching from their main search box.
7. Ask.com offers RSS Smart Answers
8. Ask.com has a version specifically designed for kids, Ask for Kids, that users natural language searching and has a kid-friendly interface.
9. Ask.com's Maps and Directions Search has some neat features too.
10. Finally, Ask.com has far less ads overall
In the coming week, I will compare these two search engines and see what I feel like.